Gualtiero Marchesi Black Set of 6 Kitchen Knives
Descriptions & details
Considered the founder of modern Italian cuisine, Gualtiero Marchesi is a famous chef. Together with Berti, he has designed a set of kitchen knives that are a perfect synthesis of functionality, style, and high craftsmanship.
Handmade for chefs and home cooks who demand the very best, Berti's knives epitomize the unique qualities of "Made in Italy": first-rate quality, artistry, authenticity, and tradition.
The crafting of a knife involves over 50 steps, executed by a single artisan. Only when they are satisfied that the knife is perfect in every respect, do they proudly engrave their initials on the blade. This unusual process, no division of labor, contributes very much to the fine quality of Berti's razor-sharp blades made to last a lifetime.
- carving knife 15.3 (blade 10.3)
- chef’s knife 14.3 (blade 9.5)
- bread knife 14 (blade 9.2)
- boning knife 11.4 (blade 6.5)
- vegetable knife 11.3 (blade 6.4)
- paring knife 9.1 (blade 4.6)
- carving knife 38.9 (blade 26.1)
- chef’s knife 36.4 (blade 24.2)
- bread knife 35.6 (blade 23.4)
- boning knife 29 (blade 16.6
- vegetable knife 28.9 (blade 16.3)
- paring knife 23.2 (blade 11.7)
The Gualtiero Marchesi knives are dishwasher safe. However, handwashing and drying all kitchen knives immediately after use helps preserve their appearance over time.
- full tang knife
- high carbon stainless steel blade, laser cut, and hand sharpened
- handle made of black Lucite, a synthetic material used to make high-quality handles, very resistant to weathering and shock.
Handmade in Scarperia (Tuscany), Italy
Founded in 1895, Coltellerie Berti is a fourth-generation family-owned business, well known for its handcrafted knives' unparalleled quality. At the heart of the company lies the deeply held belief that only methods rooted in and proven effective by tradition can deliver the best results.
The company is located in Scarperia, a charming little village perched on a Tuscan hill north of Florence.
Scarperia has been home to the knife-making industry for more than 600 years. The origin of the ancient, illustrious tradition of iron-working and blade making is lost in the mists of time. Still, the magic of the simple, essential gestures that forge perfect blades and change them into legendary knives is intact, handed down from one generation to the next.
Delivery and refunds
Handcrafted for you, ships in 2-3 weeks
Insured express delivery from Italy
Shipping charges to the US:
- shipping to the US is $30 - free shipping over $250
- Customs duties are always on us
For any other destination, please view our Shipping Policy
Changed your mind? Please, read our Return Policy