Set of 4 Kitchen Knives
By Coltellerie Berti
Descriptions & details
Handmade for chefs and home cooks who demand the very best, Berti's knives embody the unique qualities of "Made in Italy": first-rate quality, artistry, authenticity, and tradition.
The crafting of a knife involves over 50 steps, executed by a single artisan. Only when they are satisfied that the knife is perfect in every respect, do they proudly engrave their initials on the blade. This unusual process, no division of labor, contributes very much to the fine quality of Berti's blades.
The combination of high-quality steel and high craftsmanship delivers razor-sharp blades made to last a lifetime.
- ham prosciutto slicer 15.5 (blade 10.3)
- bread knife 13.8 (blade 8.7)
- chef’s knife 13 (blade 7.8)
- boning knife 11.5 (blade 6.3)
- ham prosciutto slicer 39.4 (blade 26.3)
- bread knife 35.2 (blade 22.3)
- chef’s knife 33.1 (blade 19.8)
- boning knife 29.3 (blade 16.1)
The Forgiato collection is dishwasher safe. However, handwashing and drying all kitchen knives immediately after use helps preserve their appearance over time.
- forged blade made of high carbon stainless steel
- full tang, bolster, blade edge sharpened by hand
- handle made of Lucite, a synthetic material used to make high-quality handles, very resistant to weathering and to shock
Handmade in Scarperia (Tuscany), Italy
Founded in 1895, Coltellerie Berti is a fourth-generation family-owned business, well known for its handcrafted knives' unparalleled quality. At the heart of the company lies the deeply held belief that only methods rooted in and proven effective by tradition can deliver the best results.
The company is located in Scarperia, a charming little village perched on a Tuscan hill north of Florence.
Scarperia has been home to the knife-making industry for more than 600 years. The origin of the ancient, illustrious tradition of iron-working and blade making is lost in the mists of time. Still, the magic of the simple, essential gestures that forge perfect blades and change them into legendary knives is intact, handed down from one generation to the next.